Q3 selected highlights include:
– Q3 2015 total consideration was high at $8.8B driven by $8B Carlyle/Veritas
transaction and $694M Seagate/Dot Hill deal
– Total deal volume was at 7 which continues the steady pace for 2015
– Q3 2015 Storage related funding cools down a bit to $288M on 12 rounds of funding.
– Compared to last quarter, total funding has declined 62% from $468M as the average
round size has shrunk from mid to high $30’s to mid $20’s.
– The largest round was Tintri’s $125M later round as it prepares for IPO, followed by
Scality with a $45M round.
– Components shows life with infinite.io, Crossbar and Liqd raising $3.4, $35M and